A stone's throw away from the historic town of Srirangapatna, the bird sanctuary was setup by none other the famous ornithologist Salim Ali in conjunction with the then erstwhile ruler of Mysuru, Shri Kanteerava Narasimharaja Wadiyar back in 1940.
Roughly 170 bird species have been recorded here. Of these, the painted stork, Asian openbill stork, common spoonbill, woolly-necked stork, black-headed ibis, lesser whistling duck, Indian shag, stork-billed kingfisher, egret, cormorant, Oriental darter, spot-billed pelican and heron breed here regularly. The great stone plover, and river tern also nest here. The park is home to a large flock of streak-throated swallows. During the months of January and February, more than 30 species of birds are found and the season of the sanctuary is from November to June. About 50 pelicans have made Ranganathittu as their permanent home.
Itinerary: (weekends only)
Meet-up at JP Nagar 6th Phase, Jaraganahalli Bus Stop (5 AM)
Intro (15 min)
Travel to location (~3 hours)
Getting to know your equipment
Breakfast + Review (30 mins), Wrap up (10 mins) & Q&A (10 mins)
Pricing: ₹ 2,750/- Please contact us.
A) If out side of Bangalore
1. Cost of travel in SUV from and to the meet up point
2. Person & vehicle Entry & Safari/Boating fees as applicable
3. Camera charges as applicable
B) If within Bangalore
1. Person & vehicle Entry fees as applicable
2. Camera charges as applicable
1. Food and beverages
2. Any transfer or in-city commuting cost
3. Other incidental costs (medical, emergencies, batteries, insurance etc.)
4. Tips to the guide